As an MCC student you're eligible to get Office 365 Education for free. The service includes:
- Office Online (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote) and 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
- You can also install Office on up to 5 PCs/Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smart phones.
The MCC Information Technology Department does not provide support for Office 365. If you need help installing or using Microsoft Office 365 you must contact Microsoft Support, not the MCC Help Desk.
Visit the Office 365 signup site: office.com/getoffice365
- Enter your MCC email@example.com to create an account:
- Click the Get started button.
- Click I’m a student.
- Sign in using your MCC firstname.lastname@example.org and your current MCC password.
- Once your account is created, you can then use Office Online or download and install Office to a device. To do either, go to https://portal.microsoftonline.com and sign in.
- Go to the Collaborate with Office Online section and click the application you wish to use.
- The application will open in a new tab and is ready for use.
- For minimum system requirements visit the FAQ section at office.com/getoffice365
- IMPORTANT: Uninstall any existing Microsoft Office products before proceeding with the new install. This includes uninstalling any trial versions of Microsoft Office products.
- For information about mobile devices, visit www.office.com/mobile
- If you attempt to download Office using the MCC Wi-Fi on campus, the download will fail.
- Access and Publisher are available as downloads for PCs only.
- OneNote for Mac is available as a separate download from the Mac App Store.
- To maintain your subscription, you must connect to the internet at least every 30 days from each device on which the software is installed.
- Once you’re no longer a student at MCC, the program will expire and the Microsoft Office applications will enter a reduced-functionality mode. This means existing documents can be viewed but not edited. New documents cannot be created. In addition, online services associated with your MCC account, such as Office Online and OneDrive, will no longer work.