The Accounting Program lays a foundation for positions in business and industry specifically with accounting and bookkeeping firms, corporations and governmental agencies.
With your Accounting AAS, you have the background needed to obtain a job in accounting with the possibility of advancing to the junior accountant level.
As an accountant, you may:
- Help clients report their financial results clearly and accurately
- Review a company’s financial statements to make sure that they are being presented fairly
- Talk to controllers, chief financial officers and others
- Explore ways to make a resource supply chain more efficient and cost less money
- Provide tax services, such as preparing tax returns and doing tax planning
Total Cost of Accounting AAS
(in-district) Total Amount: $12,894.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 69
Weeks to Complete: 80
What makes MCC's Accounting AAS program better than, or distinct from, similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC's accounting programs are designed to be stackable. A stackable career track provides a pathway for advancement through a career ladder. The pathways are clearly-designed sequences of career-related courses. You can accumulate a sequence of certificates over time to build on your qualifications and to help you to advance along a career path. Stackable credentials assist you in advancing in your career, providing for higher paying jobs, which can lead to a higher standard of living.
- You'll learn from full-time faculty with over 50 combined years of teaching experience and adjunct instructors working in the accounting field today.
In addition to the Accounting AAS, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Accounting AAS (CIP 52.030)
|Additional Accounting AAS Costs||$5,511.00||$5,511.00||$5,511.00||$5,511.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Accounting AAS?
- Junior Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Tax Accountant
- Financial Services Analyst
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Accountants and Auditors||13-2011|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||25-1011|
|Tax Examiners, Collectors, and Revenue Agents||13-2081|
How will MCC's Accounting AAS program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Ask about internships with local employers, some paid internships may be available
By the Numbers:
- Salaries range from $20,170 to $81,740 in the middle half of accounting occupations
- Growth is expected to be faster than average through 2026
What have graduates gone on to do?
- a senior manager at Ernst & Young
- many students transfer to four-year colleges and sit for the CPA Exam
- many choose to work locally in accounting firms, manufacturing companies and financial advisory firms
Outside the Classroom
- Take advantage of free accounting tutoring through the Sage Learning Center
- Participate in MCC's VITA Tax Clinic
- Ask about internship opportunities
- Take part in MCC's annual High School Accounting Bowl
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 455-8732
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you »