The Nursing AAS program is designed to prepare you to function as a professional nurse in a variety of health care settings including hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, and private homes and offices. Become an RN at a fraction of the cost of a four year university.
MCC's Associates Degree in Nursing program is approved by the Illinois Board of Nursing and the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The program is also approved by the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB), the Board of Higher Education, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Illinois Office of Education and the U.S. Office of Education.
- March 9 at 12 p.m. in E221
- April 12 at 12:30 p.m. in E221
Mandatory meeting for all applicants. No registration required.
Total Cost of Nursing AAS
(in-district) Total Amount: $13,792.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 69
Weeks to Complete: 128
What makes MCC's Nursing AAS program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC nursing program graduates pass the NCLEX at a rate that is above both state and national averages for both associate and bachelor degree programs
In addition to the Nursing AAS, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Nursing AAS (CIP 51.380)
|Additional Nursing AAS Costs||$6,616.00||$6,616.00||$6,616.00||$6,616.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Nursing AAS?
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Post secondary||25-1072|
How will MCC's Nursing AAS program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Graduates of the program are eligible to take the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Examination (NCLEX-RN), which may lead to licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN).
- Ask about internships (clinicals)
By the Numbers:
- Salary Range: $43,410 to $92,240
- Job Outlook: Employment of RNs is expected to grow much faster than the average (20% or more)
- U.S. News ranks Registered Nurse #6 of The 100 Best Jobs of 2014
What have graduates gone on to do?
- Students have obtained employment at Advocate Health Care, Centegra, Presence Health, Mercy Health System and several area assisted-living and long-term care facilities
- Our graduates have worked in nearly every facet of nursing from ER, OB, ICU, acute care, hospice, physician offices, assisted living, telehealth, and long-term care
- Some graduates have received bachelor degrees in nursing and are currently enrolled and pursuing their masters degrees
Outside of the Classroom
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 455-8710
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒