McHenry County is one of the fastest-growing manufacturing sectors in the region, accounting for more than 25 percent of the county's earnings. There's high demand for skilled manufacturing technicians within McHenry County and across the country. Products manufactured here include medical/healthcare parts and equipment, cast iron products, industrial heaters, and heavy equipment parts. Many manufacturers use heavy-duty metal fabrication and forging. Manufacturing design and engineering technicians are an integral part of the product design process and development, and as companies increase their demand for more versatile workers, career opportunities will continue to grow in all areas of manufacturing technology.
MCC’s Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate Fast Track program incorporates computer aided design (CAD), manufacturing processes, blueprint reading for manufacturing and computer numerical control (CNC) machining. The courses in this Fast Track program are arranged in a sequence that provides optimal learning opportunities. You're required to follow the integrated program sequence.
- Apply all credits from your CNC Machining Certificate toward your Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate.
- Apply all credits from your Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate toward your Engineering Technology AAS.
Total Cost of Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $4,776.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 33
Weeks to Complete: 64
In addition to the Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate, we offer:
- Engineering Technology AAS, Fast Track
- Architectural and Engineering Design Technology Certificate, Fast Track (engineering emphasis)
- CNC Machining Certificate, Fast Track
What you need to know about getting your Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate (CIP 15.080)
|Additional Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate Costs||$1,344.00||$1,344.00||$1,344.00||$1,344.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate?
- CNC Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- CNC Programmer
- Process Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Welding Engineer
- CAD/CAM Programmer
- Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- CNC Operator
- Lathe, Mill or Machine Operator
- CNC Machinist
- CNC Set Up Technician or Operator
- Brake Press Operator
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Mechanical Engineering Technicians||17-3027|
How will MCC's Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Ask about internships
By the Numbers:
- Salary Range: $30,000 to $50,300
- Job Outlook: Projected growth 10 to 19%. Projected job openings range by field
Already an MCC student?
Want more information on The Fast Track?
For course schedule details, call (815) 479-7831. Or, fill out our Fast Track contact form and we'll contact you.
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒