- Jamie Cabanas, Panda Delight, Oil on canvas
- Haley Creager, Shielded, Oil on canvas
- Deanne Ferguson, Damnit Gary!, Ceramic, steel, wood , aluminum
- Lindsey Keehn, Framed Efflorescence, Silver Gelatin Print (Award)
- Morgaine Polit, After Party, Archival Inkjet Print
- Jaclyn Walter, Untitled, Graphite
The Skyway Art Competition/Exhibit is hosted this year by Prairie State College and runs from March 6 through April 8, 2017 at PSC in the Christopher Art Gallery. A reception for the artists will be on Saturday, April 8 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with the Awards Presentation at noon.
McHenry County College has four galleries on campus with an average of thirty exhibitions per year:
Gallery exhibitions include works from emerging and established artists from local, regional and national locales. The galleries feature diverse solo and group exhibitions with the intent of exposing students and the community to the wide range of media, styles, and content utilized in contemporary art practice.
Visiting artists often present lectures and workshops in conjunction with exhibitions. The galleries are also used for exhibits of student work and specific course-related installations and projects. Please check the gallery exhibit schedule for updates. All galleries are free and open to the public.
In addition to rotating gallery exhibitions, there are numerous selections of permanent and loaned works displayed on campus.
- The Permanent Art Collection is displayed throughout the main campus and off-site locations.
- The Portrait in Print Collection is on permanent exhibition in the MCC library.
- Large-scale sculpture is located in several sites on the MCC campus.