The Early Childhood Level III Certificate is appropriate for you if you have experience in the field or you have some college and wish to become teacher- or director-qualified through specialized early childhood education courses. You will be required to complete a practicum in the MCC Children's Learning Center or in an accredited/approved child care center.
Total Cost of Early Childhood Level III Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $5,316.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 28
Weeks to Complete: 48
What makes MCC's Early Childhood Level III Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- The early childhood program at MCC offers hands-on activities and experiences in all of the courses. You'll observe and participate in classrooms that are staffed by experienced early childhood teachers.
In addition to the Early Childhood Level III Certificate, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Early Childhood Level III Certificate (CIP )
|Additional Early Childhood Level III Certificate Costs||$2,320.00||$2,320.00||$2,320.00||$2,320.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Early Childhood Level III Certificate?
Preschool or childcare teacher
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
How will MCC's Early Childhood Level III Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- By earning your 32 credit hour certificate in early childhood education and having a total of 1560 clock hours of working in a DCFS licensed center, you are teacher qualified.
- If you have 3,120 clock hours of work in a DCFS licensed center, along with this certificate, you're director qualified. Those who complete this certificate could be hired to work as preschool or child care teachers, or directors of these programs, with the additional clock hours.
The following childcare centers in McHenry County actively recruit early childhood students from our program
- McHenry County Head Start
- Friendship House
- Bright Horizons
By the Numbers:
- Salaries vary depending on the type of employment setting. While private preschool/child care settings pay approximately $10 to $12 per hour, many corporate centers pay close to $15 per hour with experience.
What have graduates gone on to do?
- 90% of students are hired within 3 months of graduation
- Many of the early childhood students who graduate with this certificate decide to continue on in the program to earn credits toward becoming director qualified
Outside of the Classroom
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 479-7767
Free Online Illinois Basic Skill Test Prep for MCC students
Call (815) 479-7565 for more info and password.
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you »