Get your ducks in a row
Registration for Summer 2017 is open! Choose your classes and register today.
After you register for classes, please allow 24-48 hours for the Office of Financial Aid to evaluate your classes to make sure they’re part of the degree/certificate you’re pursuing. If they are financial aid eligible, your financial aid will post toward your tuition/fees. You can check your balance in your myMCC account 24-48 hours after registering. PLEASE NOTE: If you attended full-time in the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters, you may have used 100% of your available Pell for the year and may have no remaining Pell funds for the Summer 2017 semester. Call the Office of Financial Aid at (815) 455-8761 if you are unsure.
- There’s still time to apply for financial aid for Summer 2017! Complete your 2016/17 FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. Use the convenient IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information.
- Plan ahead! Student Loan Workshop for Summer 2017:
- Wednesday, April 5, 3-4 p.m., A119
- Register at www.mchenry.edu/loanrequest. Space is limited.
- March 15 – Pell Disbursements are being processed. Please allow two weeks for credit balance refunds to be processed.
- March 21 – End of semester cleanup for all financial aid disbursements. Please allow two weeks for credit balance refunds to be processed.
- March 26 through April 2 Spring Break, no classes, most offices open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- April 13 – Summer tuition due by 7:30 p.m. You can still register until the first day of classes but you must pay in full at time of registration or enroll in the Nelnet payment plan the same day, or you may be dropped from your classes.
- May 13 – Graduation - Congratulations, Class of 2017!
- May 15 – Summer 2017 credit classes begin
- May 29 – MCC closed in observance of Memorial Day
- 2017/18 FAFSA has been available since October 1, 2016, for financial aid applications for the 2017-18 award year. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using your 2015 taxes. Early FAFSA information »
- Federal financial aid will only pay for classes that pertain to the academic program that you're pursuing. Your academic program must be current in our system in order for your financial aid to transmit.
- Check your current academic program at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > My Toolbox > Student Menu > Academics > Student Planning and Registration.
- All changes to an academic degree or certificate program, including the catalog year, may impact your financial aid. Please consult with an academic advisor to complete the Academic Program Change form if your degree is not current. (Note: You may not change your academic program if you are Maximum Time Frame). You can also make changes to an academic degree or certificate program by notifying the Registration Office, A258, or by calling (815) 479-7632.
- To ensure that all your classes for which you are registered pertain to the academic program you are pursuing, you can complete a Program Evaluation at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > My Toolbox > Student Menu > Academics > Student Planning and Registration > Under the “Programs” column, select your program
- You can check your current balance at www.mchenry.edu/myMCC > Student Menu > Financial Info > View My Account or Make a Full Payment > Student Finance > Account Activity > Choose a Term > Expand All.