The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details ».
2019-2020 MCC Founding Faculty Scholarship
Three scholarships worth sixty tuition credit hours each at McHenry County College will be awarded in recognition of retired faculty members David B. Hill, John D. Konitzer, and Erwin Cornelius.
Recipients of the Founding Faculty Scholarship will receive sixty (in district) credit hours of tuition at McHenry County College. Recipients must pay for their fees and books. Recipients are required to enroll in at least twelve credit hours per semester (fall and spring) at MCC, earned a minimum of a 2.50 high school or MCC GPA, as well as complete other requirements as listed on the application. Students of all ages are welcome to apply.
2019-2020 MCC Board of Trustees Scholarship
The Board of Trustees Scholarship will be awarded to qualified individuals based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities, and community involvement. Recipients must be McHenry County College in-district high school graduates from December 2018 to June 2019.
Recipients of the Board of Trustees Scholarship will receive sixty (in district) credit hours of tuition at McHenry County College. Recipients must pay for their fees and books. Recipients are required to enroll in a least twelve credit hours per semester (fall and spring) at MCC, earned a minimum of a 3.0 high school GPA, as well as complete other requirements as listed on the application.
2019-2020 MCC Presidential Talent Scholarship
Recipients of the Presidential Talent Scholarship will receive sixty (in district) credit hours of tuition, fees, and books at MCC. Recipients are required to enroll in at least twelve credit hours per semester (fall and spring) at MCC, earned a minimum of a 3.60 high school GPA, commit to represent MCC each semester (fall and spring) as well as complete other requirements as listed on this application.
IACAC Transfer Scholarship
Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling Spring 2019 Transfer Scholarship
-Have completed a minimum of 36 semester hours at an Illinois community college -Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all institutions attended -Be an applicant to an IACAC member four-year institution -Submit the IACAC Transfer Scholarship Application by December 3, 2018.
Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers Education Foundation Scholarship
The IAAP Education Foundation Scholarship program strengthens the Illinois aggregates industry by promoting the education of worthy students seeking a career in the aggregates industry. Furthermore, this scholarship enhances the relationship between the IAAP and institutions of higher learning that are educating and training the next generation of aggregate industry professionals. Go to: http://iaap-aggregates.org/education.htm for application. Deadline January 4, 2019.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- Disability Scholarships A-to-Z
An online directory of scholarships for students with disabilities. To find a scholarship, select one of the disabilities listed in the left column or type the disability into the search field. Go to: http://www.dsaz.org/ to get started!
- Best Colleges.com
Find in-depth guides for studying smarter so that you can get the most out of your college education. Regardless of where you choose to enroll, it’s wise to plan how you will cover the cost. Explore your options for financing your education. Go to: http://www.bestcolleges.com/
- Looking to the future? Go to http://www.discoverbusiness.us/education/online-mba/ for great information & tips about MBA programs.
- General information about financial aid – www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid – www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates – www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program – www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grant for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Options – Looking for more great tips and resources? Checkout this website with a video library and financial aid dictionary.
- Latino College Dollars
- Get scholarship updates at StudentScholarships.org - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide for great tips!
- Paying for Nursing school, go to: http://www.rntobsn.org/financial-assistance for information, resources and many great scholarships!
- Interested in Culinary? Check out this website for all kinds of great tips and information: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/financial-aid-scholarships/
- Need Scholarship information for Firescience? Check out this website for tips & information for firescience: http://www.firescience.org/fire-and-forestry-scholarships/