Are you a problem solver? Do you like working with your hands? Build on your knowledge and skills to earn your Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate.
Maintenance technicians usually are multi-skilled individuals proficient in many tasks that allow them to assemble, install, troubleshoot, repair and modify machinery and automated systems. You might work with computer or electronically-controlled equipment in both manufacturing and facilities environments.
Every day is different as you identify problems and determine the best and safest means of resolving the issue. This certificate will give you a strong foundation and knowledge of a variety of pumps, motors and motor controls, mechanical drives, preventive/predictive maintenance, hydraulics, pneumatics and related safety concepts. People who are mechanically inclined, skilled at working with tools and have excellent hand-to-eye coordination often find the greatest success in this type of role.
All courses in this Fast Track program are arranged in a sequence that provides optimal learning opportunities. You're required to follow the integrated program sequence.
Total Cost of Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $5,212.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 33
Weeks to Complete: 48
What makes MCC's Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC has worked closely with local manufacturers to develop curriculum to address the type of skill sets that they need developed in order to fill vacant positions. In addition, local manufacturers provide some of the faculty and content experts to teach courses in this program.
In addition to the Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate, we offer:
- Engineering Technology AAS
- Advanced Manufacturing Certificate, Fast Track
- Architectural and Engineering Design Technology Certificate, Fast Track
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining Certificate, Fast Track
What you need to know about getting your Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate (CIP 47.0105 )
|Additional Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate Costs||$1,681.00||$1,681.00||$1,681.00||$1,681.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate?
- Facility and Building Maintenance
- Industrial and Electrical Machinery Mechanic
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Automotive Technician
- Machinery Field Service Technician
- Operation Technician
- Production Maintenance Technician
- Control and Plant Technician
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Maintenance Workers, Machinery||49-9043|
|Maintenance and Repair Workers, General||49-0971|
|Installation Maintenance and Repair Workers||49-9098|
How will MCC's Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- As part of IMT135, Maintenance Management, you'll develop and implement preventative maintenance programs within the manufacturing environment. These projects create real-world simulations of what you can expect to find when working in the manufacturing environment.
- Contact Career Services at (815) 455-8576 or firstname.lastname@example.org about internship opportunities today.
By the Numbers:
- Potential salaries range from $27,309 to $85,785 (Source: Illinois Career Information System). Actual salary for such positions will depend on specific years of service and experience.
Outside of the Classroom
You'll have the opportunity to tour local manufacturing plants to better understand the scheduling and the impact that maintenance has on the production floor.
Already an MCC student?
Want more information on The Fast Track?
For course schedule details, call (815) 479-7831. Or, fill out our Fast Track contact form and we'll contact you.
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒