If you're interested in programming and you intend to transfer for a four-year degree, earn your Programming Fundamentals Certificate while you're at MCC. Learn basic programming, web development, and database skills and still have flexibility in choosing electives based upon what the four-year school you're transferring to will accept.
You can apply the credits from your Programming Fundamentals Certificate toward a Mobile Application Development AAS degree.
Total Cost of Programming Fundamentals Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $4,444.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 21
Weeks to Complete: 32
What makes MCC's Programming Fundamentals Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC has gathered an advisory team of business leaders to guide development of this program to ensure that the curriculum prepares students for today's job market.
- By offering critical-thinking exercises, presentations and real-world experience, we help you develop the necessary technical and soft skills a developer needs to possess.
- The classroom provides an open studio environment, equipped with round tables and laptops to allow for frequent project collaboration with user interface designers and artists. The classroom also has overhead screens on all four corners of the room for presentation of the live apps created by the instructor or students. Students also have an opportunity to evaluate each other’s work in a format called a Sprint.
- Mobile Application Design and Development AAS
- Web Design and Development AAS
- Digital Media AAS
|Additional Programming Fundamentals Certificate Costs||$2,260.00||$2,260.00||$2,260.00||$2,260.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Programming Fundamentals Certificate?
- Software developer
- Web developer
- User Interface developer
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
How will MCC's Programming Fundamentals Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- The program includes internships and job shadowing. Department chairs maintain a good relationship with area recruiters and industry partners who specialize in mobile development and are members of the advisory panel.
By the Numbers:
- Job Outlook: employment of software developers is projected to grow 17 percent through 2024
Ask about internships and job shadowing!
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 479-7539