College Readiness Academy
Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Reflect, prepare, and explore the many college and career options!
Designed to meet the needs of rising high school sophmores, juniors and seniors. Explore and discover your personal path to college and career. Research careers, majors, and colleges. Learn how to prepare yourself and use resources to help you succeed.
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., July 17 through 27
Be ready to apply to colleges in August! You’ll create a college portfolio with your researched top choices, as well as your college resume, personal statement, and financial aid plan. We’ll visit colleges, and at the end of the camp, you’ll be ready to successfully start your college applications.
Identify Career Goals
- Career interests
- Career path
Identify an Education Pathway
- Explore majors
- Degree and certificate options
Build a college application portfolio including:
- Colleges identified
- College resume
- Financial plan
- Personal statement
- Senior year plan and goals
Explore Colleges (trips)
- We're selecting two to four regional colleges to visit
College Success Skills
- Note-taking and study skills
- Getting involved
You'll complete the program with an application portfolio.
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., July 17 through 27. $20 Course Code #: NKC S68 002
Register for the college readiness academy at least one week before the start date of the camp. To register, visit www.mchenry.edu/mymcc or call (815) 455-8588.
- If you're new to MCC, see www.mchenry.edu/myMCC and select: Register for Workforce and Community Development Classes »
- On the Search, Register and Pay for Workforce and Community Development page, enter Course Code Number: NKC S68 002 and select Submit.
- Complete the required personal identification information and payment information, then select Submit.