Proof of Residency is required for:
- Current/former students changing from out-of-district and out-of-state to in-district.
- All new students.
The following is acceptable documentation which must include the student's name and current address:
- Illinois Drivers License
- Illinois State I.D.
- Apartment/house lease
- Utility Bill
- Garbage collection
- Phone (mobile or landline)
- Voter Registration Card
- Library card only from the following libraries: Alden, Cary, Crystal Lake, Fox River Grove, Harvard, Hebron, Johnsburg, Marengo, McHenry, Oakwood Hills, Richmond, River East Library, Ringwood, Solon Mills, Spring Grove, Union, Wonder Lake, and Woodstock
- An in-district high school transcript proving attendance at the high school the semester immediately prior to entering MCC
Please note: students who move from outside the district and who obtain residence in the district for reasons other than attending MCC are exempt from the 30-day requirement if they demonstrate through documentation a verifiable interest in establishing permanent residency. This documentation must be approved by the Dean of Enrollment Services.
Submit your proof of residency documentation:
- In person at the Registration Office (A258)
- By fax at (815) 455-3766 (include a phone number where we can reach you)
- By mail to McHenry County College, Admissions, 8900 U.S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60012 (include a phone number where we can reach you)