Liebman Speaker Series: Connecting Science and Everything
Friday mornings at MCC…
Join us as we kick off the first in MCC’s new Liebman Speaker Series, where we will discuss the intersection of science and everything.
Living Indiana Jones
Friday, September 21, 2018 Carey Lecture Hall (1st Floor), Liebman Science Center 10 a.m.
Fossil obsessions and a taste for adventure carry paleontologist Paul Sereno to the remote corners of the world to discover dozens of new species under the harshest conditions. Join Sereno as he shares the everyday life of a dinosaur hunter—crossing the Sahara and challenged by bandits, on the Tibetan plateau, in the heart of the Gobi.
Meet the Speaker
Paul Sereno is a paleontologist, professor at the University of Chicago and a National Geographic Explorer. Sereno has discovered scores of new crocodiles and dinosaurs, while leading dozens of expeditions into the Sahara and Gobi Deserts and to other sites in Asia, India, and the Americas.
Reserve Your Seat
Attendance is free but registration is required. Seating is limited.
Register at: https://liebmanspeakerseries.brownpapertickets.com
Future session topics include science and art; molecular gastronomy; astronomy; and technology and the brain. All sessions will take place on Friday mornings.
- October 26, 2018 Food Science Innovations, Jonny Hunter, chef and owner of Underground Food Collaborative
- November 30, 2018 Making Science Fantastic: Isaac Asimov and Science Fiction, Michelle Nichols-Yehling, Director of Public Observing, Adler Planetarium
- February 22, 2019 Architecture and Design in the Environment, Katherine Darnstadt, Founder of Latent Design architecture firm
- March 2019 Meteorology and Broadcast
- April 2019 Digital Technology, Social Media, and Learning, Dr. Jolie Matthews, Assistant Professor of Learning Sciences, Northwestern University