Job Title: Multicultural Spanish Language Interpreters
Department: Multicultural AffairsJob Description:
*** THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS AN MCC STUDENT TO QUALIFY ***
Multicultural Spanish Language Interpreters will create a bridge between faculty, staff and students at MCC to ensure Student Success
We are looking for students who are fluent (oral and written) in Spanish who can help McHenry County College share our resources and information with Spanish-speaking populations in order for them to engage with our campus community. They will also help promote cross-culture awareness on campus through events, activities, and outreach to create an environment supportive of diversity of all kinds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist in translating for prospective students and their families, current students, and guests.
· Establish and maintain quality service and positive interaction with all MCC employees, students, and visitors.
· Maintain students’ confidentiality.
· Engage with students, faculty and staff positively.
· Have knowledge of campus environment.
· Participate in workshops, conferences and/or meetings for the purpose of maintaining skills for professional growth and/or conveying information.
· Perform other duties as required
· Fluent in English and Spanish.
· Be able to translate documents.
· Be reliable, punctual, and detail oriented.
· PC proficiency, and experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, and social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
· Good organizational skills required, with strict attention to details in all tasks.
· A proven record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and maintain a positive attitude.
· Ability to communicate effectively (in person, email…etc.) with other students/ peers/ faculty and staff.
· Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
1. Students will develop a strong sense of personal identity and form mature, respectful relationships.
2. Students will learn skills and competencies to assist in respectful cultural exploration, engagement, acceptance and collaboration during and after MCC.
3. Students will learn how to support a diverse group of students to promote social responsibility and understanding.
4. Students will learn decision making and personal accountability.
5. Students will develop leadership skills and abilities such as resolving conflict, and how to motivate others.Contact Information:
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.