Job Title: Career Services Office Student Worker
Department: Career ServicesJob Description:
**THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNTY - YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS AN McHenry County College STUDENT and in good academic standing TO QUALIFY ***
The Career Services Office provides career development preparation and resources for students, alumni and in-district community residents. In addition, Career Services staff meets with employers to enhance or establish relationships to develop internships and developmental programs to meet their hiring needs. We are seeking two students to work up to 15 hours per week.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and social media
· Dependable, creative, friendly and enthusiastic
· Experience with public speaking preferred
· Willingness to learn
· Dress is business casual dress
· Customer service experience a plus
· Greet students, employers and community members
· Assist in managing Hire a Scot-job and job posting support
· Promote and assist at Career Services events
· Assist in developing social media content and scheduling
· Organize and maintain career service bulletin board
· Provide administrative duties such as, telephone receptionist, appointment setting, email correspondence
· Participate in mandatory paid training
· Duties may be updated upon acceptance of both parties
· No additional travel required
· Up to 15 consistent, flexible hours a week. Hours and schedule to be determined upon hire based on your need and availability
· Strengthen your interpersonal, marketing, and employability skills
· Expand your resume and develop new, transferrable job skills
· Gain experience an office environment
· The opportunity to be part of career services dedicated to student success, employability, and retention. Your creative ideas, opinions, and suggestions will be valued
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: email@example.com. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.