Job Title: Multicultural Peer Educators
Department: Multicultural AffairsJob Description:
*** THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS AN MCC STUDENT TO QUALIFY ***
Multicultural Peer Educators (students) will be committed to providing support and guidance to underrepresented students as defined by our enrollment data. They will also help promote cross-culture awareness on campus through events, activities, and outreach to create an environment supportive of diversity of all kinds. The goal is to increase the college's outreach and retention efforts to African American, Native American, Asian, Latino, and Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQ) students. We encourage students of all ethnicities to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Create and execute events/activities related to heritage months and hot cultural topics in society, in collaboration with the Coordinator of Multicultural Affairs, cultural clubs, other Multicultural Peer Educators, students, and MCC staff.
· Assist coordinator of Multicultural Affairs with student success programs and initiatives.
· Outreach to your peers by connecting with them by mail, email, phone, social media or in person.
· Collaborate with Coordinator of Multicultural Affairs to establish an effective online/social media presence for the Multicultural Affairs office.
· Utilize Student Development offices as it relates to your educational and/or career needs, such as Advising & Transfer Center, Veterans’ Services, Career Services, and Counseling (Academic, Career & Personal).
· Find and compile resources and information for underrepresented students.
· Attend all one on one and Multicultural Peer Educators weekly meetings.
· Edit and help maintain a Multicultural Affairs/Cultural Club/Student Life Calendar.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Commitment to multiculturalism and social justice.
· PC proficiency, and experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, and social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (letters, email and telephone communications).
· Good organizational skills required, with strict attention to details in all tasks.
· A proven record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and maintain a positive attitude.
· Ability to communicate effectively (in person, email…etc.) with other students/ peers/ faculty and staff.
· Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
1. Students will develop a strong sense of personal identity and form mature, respectful relationships.
2. Students will learn skills and competencies to assist in respectful cultural exploration, engagement, acceptance and collaboration during and after MCC.
3. Students will learn how to support a diverse group of students to promote social responsibility and understanding.
4. Students will learn decision making and personal accountability.
5. Students will develop leadership skills and abilities such as resolving conflict, and how to motivate others.
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: email@example.com. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.