Become a Part-Time Student at MCC
If you've previously submitted an application to MCC, you do not need to re-apply. Call Admissions at (815) 455-8530 to verify your status if you have questions.
If you've previously taken credit courses at MCC, contact Advising at (815) 479-7565 for assistance.
If you've never attended MCC before…
- Complete and submit your application online ($15 fee)
- Contact a recruiter at (815) 479-7732 or email@example.com with questions about classes or assistance with the application process
- If the course(s) you wish to register for require(s) prerequisites, send official transcripts (high school or college) to the MCC Advising and Transfer Center. You must prove you meet the course prerequisite(s) before you can register
- Take placement tests if necessary
- Register for classes
You may register online, or in person in Registration (A258)
- You'll need your myMCC username and password to register online. See step-by-step instructions and watch helpful videos about registering for credit classes through Student Planning.
- You may need to register in person if your course has prerequisites
- Attend New Student Orientation if you would like support planning and registering for your classes
- Pay your tuition and fees online or in person in Registration
- Buy books
If you have questions, meet with advising. Appointments are recommended but walk-ins are welcome.