Members of the community are invited to attend monthly shows at the MCC Planetarium.
Admission is free for planetarium presentations but we ask that you save your seats.
- Friday, March 6 at 7:30 p.m. Wildest Weather in the Solar System
- Wildest Weather in the Solar System Trailer
- Description: Join National Geographic on a spectacular journey to witness the most beautiful, powerful, and mysterious weather phenomena in the solar system. From a storm the size of a 100-megaton hydrogen bomb, to a 400-year-old hurricane, to a dust tempest that could engulf entire planets, you'll be glad you live on Earth! Audiences will fly through the thick atmosphere of Venus, magnetic storms on the sun, liquid methane showers on Titan, and anticyclones whirling at hundreds of miles per hour on Jupiter. Packed with eye-popping visuals, high-end CGI, and cutting-edge science.
- Sorry! This show is sold out.
- Saturday, March 14 at 11 a.m. Sunshine
- Target Audience: preschool through 3rd grade
- Sunshine Trailer
- Description: Sunshine is a lovable cartoon sun and he doesn't care if children get loud or excited: in fact he wants them to look around, raise their hands, sing and play along with his tricks. During the fun and games, the stars of the night sky are revealed and Sunshine explores some simple colors and counting.
- Save your seats for the March 14 show
- Friday, April 3 at 7:30 p.m. Asteroid Mission Extreme
- Asteroid Mission Extreme Trailer
- Description: Asteroid Mission Extreme takes audiences on a journey 65 million years in the making to discover how asteroids are both a danger and an opportunity for those of us on planet Earth. The danger of course lies in the possibility of a cataclysmic collision; the opportunity is the crazy idea that asteroids could be stepping stones to other worlds - veritable way stations in space - allowing us to penetrate the deepest realms of the universe. The challenges are enormous, but the idea could ultimately save humankind. Explore with us the possibilities in Asteroid Mission Extreme.
- Sorry! This show is sold out.
- Saturday, April 4 at 11 a.m. Perfect Little Planet
- Perfect Little Planet Trailer
- Description: Imagine the ultimate space vacation. Discover our solar system through a different set of eyes - a family from another star system seeking the perfect vacation spot. Fly over the surface of Pluto, our best known Dwarf Planet. Dive over the ice cliffs of Miranda. Sail through the rings of Saturn. Feel the lightning storms at Jupiter. And walk on the surface of Mars. Which destination would you choose? This is the solar system journey for space travelers of all ages.
- Save your seats for the April 4 show!
No food or drinks in the Planetarium and no cell phone use during the shows, please.
When you come to MCC for your planetarium show, park in Lots E or F near the Liebman Science Center. The planetarium is located in room F206.
Planetarium shows may not be suitable for people who are prone to motion sickness or seizures issues. Children who are afraid of the dark should certainly be accompanied by an adult or sitting with an adult.