Veterans Services at McHenry County College
Why use your veteran's benefits at MCC?
If you would like to use your VA benefits, you must let the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran Benefits know that you have registered for classes by submitting your Request for Benefits and Certification Form.
As a U.S. veteran, you can expect programs and services at MCC designed to serve your needs. We offer personalized attention to help you select a program of study that draws upon your military experience and also takes you down a career path that you'll excel at and enjoy.
Calculate your basic allowance for housing using the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) calculator
- Apply for your Veterans Benefits
- Visit the VA Education and Training Benefits web site at www.va.gov/education and follow the steps under the Get GI Bill and other education benefits section
- Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) and search IVG
- Apply for veteran scholarships available through the Friends of MCC Foundation to help pay for books, supplies, or fees not covered by VA benefits
- Visit the Student Veterans Resource Center, A248, to apply for
- Check Illinois state licenses and military training to find out what military experience can be applied toward professional licensing standards
- Register for classes
- When MCC priority registration opens for the next academic term, certified veterans are entitled to first-day enrollment
- Have your transfer credit evaluated (college transcripts, exams, military, and workplace learning)
- MCC maintains a no-drop policy for veterans while VA benefits are being processed
- If you would like to use your VA benefits, you must stop in the Office Financial Aid and Veteran Services, and let us know you have registered for classes. Fill out this Request for Benefits and Certification Form