New FAFSA Verification Process (Effective 2021/22)
Verification is a process used to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA is accurate. The U.S. Department of Education selects about 30% of students for verification. If selected, you will be asked to provide documentation to support the information reported on the FAFSA.
Beginning with the 2021/22 academic year, MCC will begin using ProVerifier+, an automated verification software solution enabling you to complete verification from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
If you're selected for verification, you will be notified by email at the email address on file at MCC. Log into ProVerifier and see what documents are required. You will be required to submit documentation to be reviewed and processed before you can be awarded financial aid.
If your file has been fully processed by July 1, 2021, and you're registered for Fall 2021 classes, you'll be entered into a drawing for one of ten $100 gift cards to the MCC Store.
- Verification Steps (effective 2021/22)
- Activate your ProEd Account using the email notification sent to your email address on file at MCC. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- In ProVerifier+, review the dashboard to see the items that need to be completed.
- Carefully complete and submit each outstanding item. Most items can be completed online and signed electronically.
- You will be able to request your IRS Tax Transcript (if applicable) inside the ProVerifier+ system.
- Upload any documents, if necessary.
- Upon receipt of all required documents, the automated verification process will begin.
- You will be notified via email or text if there are any questions, you have missing or incomplete items, or additional documentation is required.