The MCC Testing Center proctors tests for: GED, make-up exams, placements, proficiency, CLEP, correspondence, and more.
Except for make-ups, many of our other tests require appointments, so be sure to call ahead at (815) 455-8984.
Note: We require photo identification for all exams. Exams need to be completed five minutes prior to the Center's closing time.
Important information you should know before using the Testing Center
- Apply to MCC before scheduling tests
You need to apply to MCC, pay the required non-refundable $15 application fee and allow two business days for your student ID number to be assigned before you can take a placement test at MCC.
- Comply with the Testing Center Regulations
- Current photo ID is required by students
- Entrance to the Testing Center is limited to MCC employees and students taking tests only per federal regulations
- Family members of students are not permitted in the Testing Center
- Tests must be started at least 30 minutes prior to closing
- We must allow for instructor’s minimum time requirements.
- Some tests require appointments and/or fees
- In the testing rooms:
- All personal items must be stowed
- Electronic devices must be powered down and out of sight
- No talking is permitted
- Only Testing Center calculators are allowed
- MCC’s Student Code of Conduct applies in the Testing Center
Thank you for your cooperation.