Veterans, Become a First-Time Student at MCC
- Apply for Admission
Visit the Admissions Office, A262, to complete the application in person and have the $15 application fee waived, or call (815) 455-8530 to receive the application fee waiver code when completing the application online
- Contact a recruiter at (815) 479-7732 or email@example.com with questions about classes and programs, or for assistance with the application process.
- Submit documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official high school transcripts
- Official military transcripts
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts or copies of grade reports are acceptable if only used for prerequisite reasons.
- Submit your DD-214 to Financial Aid, A262 for evaluation
- Take English, math, and reading placement tests in the Testing Center. Some ACT/SAT scores may be used in lieu of placement tests. Ask an academic advisor whether placement tests are required for your program.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Benefits
- Check out Veterans Services for specific military benefits information
- Visit Financial Aid for detailed information about applying for federal and state aid programs
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online
- Meet with an academic advisor
- Take New Student Orientation if you'd like support planning and registering for classes
- Register for Classes online, in-person, or by calling (815) 455-8588
- Pay Your Tuition and Fees, if any are owed after benefits applied
- Buy Books