- Information Collection
- The College does not collect personal information about you when you visit the College’s website unless you choose to provide that information to the College.
- The College collects limited non-personally identifying information from your browser automatically whenever you visit its website. This information includes but is not limited to the Internet address of your computer or network (i.e., IP address), the date, time, and page you visited on the College site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (i.e., the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- The College uses aggregated information from all visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns, and improve the content of the College site.
- Some online services available through the College’s website require you to create a user account. As part of this process, you may be asked for personal information in order to create the account. For certain services, such as the College’s online payment and registration services, your credit card or other payment information may be requested. In such cases, any credit card, other payment information or personal information that is collected by the College will be stored temporarily in encrypted form on secure servers. If the College utilizes systems maintained by third parties to provide such services, including but not limited to the Ellucian registration system, you will be required to provide such information directly to the third-party services providers for the limited purpose for which it is being requested. Such third-party service providers have their own privacy policies that implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect your information. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of third-party service providers before disclosure of such information if you are concerned about your privacy.
In all cases, the College strives to collect and disclose the minimum information necessary to maintain compliance with applicable state and federal law. The voluntary use of this website, including the disclosure of personal information to the College, shall constitute consent to the collection and disclosure of personal and non-personally identifying information by the College for the limited purposes described above. Further, the voluntary disclosure of personal information that is otherwise protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) through the College’s website constitutes consent for the re-disclosure of personal information for the limited purposes for which such information was disclosed.
In certain circumstances, the College contracts with some third parties to provide Internet-related services. Personal Information may be disclosed to such third-party service providers to ensure the operation, protection, security, and maintenance of the services. All third-party service providers with access to your information are required to implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, acquisition, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
The College does not otherwise disclose, sell, rent, or distribute user information, including electronic mail addresses, to any other outside party, unless legally required to do so or with user consent.
- How User Information is Protected
Online payment transactions are allowed only under tightly controlled circumstances, where there are appropriate technological and other safeguards in place to protect financial and other sensitive data. The College uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including encryption using secure sockets layer (SSL). The College will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of such information, but may not be held liable for any injury caused by the disclosure of that information by the College or any third-party service provider, whether caused by security breach, accident, inadvertence, or any other act resulting in disclosure.
- Site Security
The College monitors network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this website expressly consents to such monitoring. The College takes appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction of data. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession, the College may disclose personal information provided by users to federal or state law enforcement authorities to enforce its rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to MCC’s information technology assets.
- External Links
From time to time, the College uses link and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from dozens of agencies that are not part of the College website and over whom the College exercises no control. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those sites, and the College has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.