Chi Upsilon Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa
International Honor Society at MCC
Learn more about us! Check us out in Canvas »
For current students only - use your myMCC login.
- General PTK Information and Getting Started
- Why become a member of Phi Theta Kappa's Chi Upsilon Chapter at MCC?
- Chapter Scholarships
- Scholarships for four-year colleges and universities | Scholarships from Phi Theta Kappa International
- Graduate Phi Theta Kappa at MCC: wear honor stole, stand for Phi Theta Kappa announcement and transcript designation: maintenance of 3.5 cumulative GPA is required
- Certificate and gold pin
- Resume enhancement for college and job applications and interviews
- Members-Only Online Training
- Service events: have fun while contributing to the college and community
- Fellowship among members: social events
Consider becoming an active member or applying to be an officer. Officers and active members have additional opportunities:
- Leadership opportunities and development
- Travel to state or international conventions
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume enhancement: listable experiences, offices, or awards
- Experience to mention on application essays and interviews: jobs, transfer schools, scholarships, internships
- Am I eligible to become a member?
To be eligible to receive an invitation for membership in Phi Theta Kappa's Chi Upsilon Chapter at MCC a student must:
- Have accumulated 12 hours of college credit
- Have established a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Be currently enrolled in a credit course
Contact the advisors for an application and if you have any questions. There is a one-time fee of $80 to join.
- What if I'm not eligible to become a member yet?
Don't meet qualifications yet? If you are not yet eligible for membership, but would like to participate in Chi Upsilon Chapter activities, you are welcome to participate as a provisional member
- Are invited to participate in all chapter activities
- Do not pay fees
- Are not official members of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Are not eligible for Phi Theta members-only scholarships
- Are not eligible for graduation or transfer benefits
- May not hold executive office
Should you become eligible in a future semester, you would be invited to full membership.
Who We Are
Students from the Chi Upsilon chapter accepted several awards at the June 2018 Illinois Regional Convention. Pictured: Brandon Cipolla, Matt Carter, Madison Schweitzer, Kim Campos, Jessica Swanson, Savanna Held, Lauren Stygar, Sarah Meyer, Katie Yohe, Paige Meyer, and Michie Ota with service dog, Peace.
How We Serve
Books for Africa Packing Party. Funds raised from the Books for Africa book drive are used for chapter scholarships.
Students work to restore wetlands at Boger Bog as part of the 2018 Honors in Action Project