Drop/withdraw From Class | Refund Policy
Regarding COVID-19 Vaccination/Weekly Testing Requirement for Unvaccinated Students
per Governor’s Executive Order on August 26, 2021
Fall 2021 Enrolled Students - If you would like to speak with an advisor about changing your class schedule, call (815) 455-7565. Our team is happy to work with you to identify your options.
Should you choose to withdraw from a class/request a refund related to the Governor’s Executive Order and testing mandate, submit a Drop/Withdraw Related to COVID-19 Testing Mandate Refund Request
Log in using your myMCC credentials. Students who submit a request will also receive a credit for the class(es) being dropped.
To request a refund for a course you've already dropped for other reasons, submit a Refund Exception Form
- How to Withdraw | Drop a Class
Withdraw/drop online, in-person, or by fax (815) 455-3766. You can't withdraw over the phone or through email.
You can drop a registered section up to the Last Day to Withdraw » see Important Class Dates for refund amount after class starts, Last Day to Withdraw, and date final grades are due
To Drop a Class
- Log on to myMCC, select Self-Service, then select Student Planning.
- Under the Student Planning tab at the top select Plan and Schedule.
- Select a section from your current schedule and select Drop.
- In the Register and Drop Sections dialog box, select any additional sections you want to drop or add.
- Select Update to process the changes.
The planned section will remain on your schedule, but it will no longer show that you're registered for the course if the drop was successful.
- Tuition and Fees Refund Policy
Tuition and Fees Refund Policy Rate of refund Classes less than 9 weeks Classes 9 or more weeks long 100% within first 7 calendar days of course start date within first 7 calendar days of course start date 50% not applicable within 8 to 14 calendar days of course start date 0% after 7 days after 14 days
For the exact refund dates, refer to Important Class Dates
MCC will not begin refunding payment until after the Refund Policy period is over in the corresponding term.
- To receive a full refund (less the registration fee) you must withdraw within the first seven calendar days of the course start date. It is your responsibility to be aware of these refund dates.
- Tuition and fee refunds will be issued to eligible students based upon the effective date of withdrawal, which is determined by the date you formally notify the Registration Office by withdrawing online, in person, or by fax.
- Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal.
- If MCC cancels a class/section, you will receive a full refund of tuition and course fees.
- If you must drop a class after the refund period has passed, you may submit a Refund Exception Form no later than two weeks after the semester end date to which the request applies.
- MCC reserves the right to determine method of refund.
- Once credit/debit card refunds are processed by the Student Accounts Office, funds may take up to 14 days to post back to your account based on your banking institution's policy.
- Grade of “W” will not factor in the computation of the student grade point average.
- A failing grade will be posted on the student transcript if you do not follow college withdrawal procedures.
- Student Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of each student to:
- Be aware of the financial consequences for each drop/add/withdraw transaction that will be processed, or has been processed, in-person at the college or online.
- Be aware of MCC's withdrawal and refund policy.
- Drop classes/sections by the established deadline if you do not plan on attending. Do not rely upon MCC to drop you.
- Periodically review your account online to view the balance due and academic holds placed on your account.
- Ask questions if you are uncertain about a policy or procedure.