Start a Student Organization
During COVID-19, Student Life will not be accepting proposals for new student organizations until further notice.
Interested in getting involved, but don't see an organization that interests you? Visit Student Life to talk about starting a new student organization. Starting an organization is a great way to explore your interests, gain interpersonal skills and make new friends who share your interests.
How do I get started?
- Review the current list of student organizations on campus to ensure one hasnt' already been founded
- Find interesteded students and an advisor
- Complete the New Student Organization Proposal
- Schedule a time to meet with Student life for approval and guidance
What else should I know?
- When you gather for meetings, socials, dances, service projects, community service, as an organization, you are representing the College. Keep this in mind during all activities and maintain a professional demeanor.
- All members of a student organization who have been chosen, delegated or elected into a leadership role within the organization must have a minimum of a cumulative GPA of 2.5 the semester before, during and after the tenure of your role within the organization.
- No organization members may obligate or commit the College in any way without discussing the matter with your advisor and/or the Coordinator of Student Life.
Questions about starting a student organization?