Start a Student Organization
Interested in getting involved, but don't see an organization that interests you? Visit Student Life to talk about starting a new student organization. Starting an organization is a great way to explore your interests, gain interpersonal skills and make new friends who share your interests.
- I want to start a new student organization. How do I get started?
- Review the current list of student organizations on campus to ensure one hasn't already been founded
- Find interested students and an advisor
- Complete the New Student Organization Proposal
- Schedule a time to meet with Student life for approval and guidance
- What else should I know about starting a new student organization?
- When you gather for meetings, socials, dances, service projects, community service, as an organization, you are representing the College. Keep this in mind during all activities and maintain a professional demeanor.
- All members of a student organization who have been chosen, delegated, or elected into a leadership role within the organization must have a minimum of a cumulative GPA of 2.5 the semester before, during, and after the tenure of your role within the organization.
- No organization members may obligate or commit the College in any way without discussing the matter with your advisor and/or the Coordinator of Student Life.